TERMS & CONDITIONS
This agreement sets forth the terms and conditions between myself (the undersigned), my child/ren (the participant), Kidko Performing Arts School and Chambers Music (Kidko)
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, and Policies, the following definitions apply;
1. Lesson/s: refer to any appointment or booking with Kidko with only 1 or 2 participants or students, these are commonly private music tuition.
2. Class/es: refer to any enrollment or booking of a scheduled, repeating and ongoing event usually with greater than 2 participants, these are commonly weekly, term based performing arts classes
3. Workshop/s: refer to any enrolment or booking of a non-repeating, stand alone or finite series of events, these are commonly held during school holidays
1. I must make Kidko immediately aware of any medical conditions the participant has that may be an issue (including prescribed medication).
2. Parents and guardians are not permitted in the class, lesson, or workshop space/s during class, lesson, or workshop times.
3. As a precautionary measure, Kidko will be a "nut free zone" to ensure the safety of those with allergies.
4. Kidko has a 3 strike policy for disruptive or disrespectful class, lesson, or workshop behaviour.
a. Upon first strike the participant will be asked to cease the offending behaviour.
b. Upon second strike, an official email will be sent to the participant’s parent or guardian
c. Upon the third strike the participant will be suspended from their class, lesson, or workshop, and their parent or guardian will be contacted immediately to collect them.
5. Parents and guardians must pick up their child/ren immediately after class finishes and advise their child/ren not to leave the premises without their parent or guardian.
6. Any request for a Kidko staff member to pick up the participant from their Albert Park Primary School classroom or after care program must be accompanied by a completed authorisation form provided by us.
7. All teachers of Kidko will have a current Victorian "Working With Children Check”.
8. Kidko reserves the right to photograph/video lesson, classes, workshops, or performances. I accept that these photographs or videos may be used in Kidko promotion.
Operational Dates and Times
1. Kidko Classes and Lessons operate as per the Victorian State Government school terms
2. Lessons and Classes will not operate during school holidays or state and federal public holidays
3. Kidko workshops will only operate during Victorian State Government school holidays
4. Kidko lessons for daytime students of Albert Park Primary School and South Melbourne Park Primary School will not operate on curriculum days as scheduled by the school
5. Ongoing continuation of lessons and classes is assumed unless Kidko is notified, in writing via email, of intent to cease lessons or classes
6. Kidko will operate all other days unless notified
Kidko Payment Policy
1. All tuition fees are payable before the commencement of each term or in the case of one off bookings, prior to the commencement date of said booking.
2. Only full payment of class, lesson, or workshop will secure a student’s placement.
3. All purchases with Kidko are final.
4. Payments for ongoing lessons and classes will be deducted on a term by term basis, with the payments processed at least four (4) weeks prior to the commencement of the Victorian State Government school terms.
5. Kidko agrees to notify me of any upcoming deductions at least 4 days prior to processing the transaction.
6. Should I wish to cancel or change any recurring or ongoing payments, I will give notice of my intention to do so in writing at least 1 week prior to any scheduled payment processing date.
7. Kidko charges a quarterly membership, insurance, and administration fee. I understand that this fee will be charged to my nominated payment method as outlined in point 4.
8. Kidko charges a per registration administration fee for all AMEB exams. I understand that this fee will be charged to my nominated payment method as outlined in point 4.
9. All students will require additional music resources/books. You will be notified by us as to which music resources your teacher has recommended. All material will be invoiced prior to ordering with a notice period.
10. Payments for one off, or stand-alone bookings will be processed at time of booking or upon approval of booking.
11. I understand that all Credit and Debit Card payments will incur an additional 0.75% bank fee surcharge.
12. It is my responsibility to notify Kidko of any changes to my credit or debit card details and/or bank account details in writing.
13. If I wish to dispute any amount debited to my credit card, debit card or bank account by Kidko, I will give notice of this to Kidko in writing via email. Kidko will investigate the matter and provide a written response within 5 working days. If required, Kidko will make appropriate adjustments or refer the matter to my financial institution. Additional fees charged by the financial institution will be covered by the party who is responsible for any error.
14. Kidko will keep my credit or debit card details and/or bank account details confidential and will not use them for purposes other than to debit the amount owing on my account.
Please note that by law Kidko must retain your credit card details and/or bank account details for not less than seven years from the date of the last debit as verification of the authority to debit.
Kidko Cancellation and Refund Policy
Weekly Classes/Term Classes (Classes)
1. By signing up to classes with Kidko I agree that classes will be ongoing and will only cease upon my request.
2. If a class is missed due to sickness or other unforeseen circumstance I will notify Kidko as soon as practicable. If practicable and possible, Kidko will offer the option to attend another class during the term as a make up with a maximum of 1 (one) make-up class per term offered, this is to be arranged in writing via email. Refunds may be given on a case by case situation.
3. I agree to give Kidko at least 1 (one) weeks notice, in writing via email, of any foreseen circumstances that would see me miss my or my child’s class, this includes but is not limited to, family holidays, school excursions and events, or conflicts with other activities. If practicable and possible, Kidko will offer the option to attend another class during the term as a make up with a maximum of 1 (one) make-up class per term offered, this is to be arranged in writing via email. Refunds will not be given.
4. A full refund for classes will be permitted only if enrolment is withdrawn at least 1 (one) week prior to the term or session commencing or if the class is cancelled.
5. I agree to give Kidko at least 4 (four) weeks notice, in writing via email, of my intent to discontinue classes mid-term. Refunds may be given on a case by case situation.
Private/Solo Music Tuition (Lessons) Cancellation Policy
1. By signing up to lessons with Kidko I agree that lessons will be ongoing and will only cease upon my request.
2. Students of lessons must give 4 (four) weeks notification in writing via email of intent to cancel and discontinue any lesson. Refunds will be offered for any paid sessions beyond those 4 (four) weeks. Any ongoing, recurring or auto payments will be cancelled.
3. I agree to give Kidko at least 48 hours in writing via email, of any foreseen circumstances that would see me miss my or my child’s lesson, this includes but is not limited to, family holidays, school excursions and events, or conflicts with other activities. If practicable and possible, Kidko will endeavour to reschedule this lesson or to distribute the missed time over a number of other lessons. Refunds will not be given.
4. If a lesson is missed due to sickness or other unforeseen circumstance I will give Kidko at least 24 hours notice, in writing via email, prior to the lessons commencement date and time. Lessons missed due to unforeseen circumstances are entitled to 1 (one) make up lesson or time added to subsequent lessons, per term to be arranged directly with the teacher.
School Holiday Program (Workshops) Cancellation Policy
1. A refund for holiday workshops will be permitted only if enrolment is withdrawn at least 1 (one) week prior to the commencement of the session or if the workshop is cancelled.
2. If a workshop is missed due to sickness or other unforeseen circumstance I will notify Kidko in writing via email as soon as practicable. Refunds may be offered on a case by case scenario.
3. Kidko reserves the right to cancel or postpone a workshop and will give customers a minimum of 48 hours notification of their intent to do so.
Kidko Lesson and Class Suspension Policy (Lessons/Classes)
1. I agree to give Kidko at least 4 (four) weeks notice, in writing via email, of my intent to suspend my lessons and/or classes with Kidko for whatever reason.
2. Lessons and/or classes will be suspended on a case by case situation.
3. Suspended lessons and/or classes will be eligible for a partial refund of 50% the lesson or class fees to secure your scheduled lesson time/day at Kidko.
4. Students are entitled to 1 (one) make up lesson or time added to subsequent lessons, for the first week of a lesson suspension period.
Trial Lessons and Trial Classes
1. New students to Kidko are entitled to 2 trial lessons or classes. Workshops will not be offered in a trial format
2. Trial lessons will be scheduled with Kidko in writing via email
3. Attendance of a class as a trial must be arranged with Kidko in writing via email
4. Attendance of Trial Lessons or trial classes are subject to the Kidko Cancellation and Refund Policy outlined above
Albert Park Primary School Student Collection
1. Parents wishing to opt in to our student collection service must complete and sign an Albert Park Primary School authorisation form.
2. It is assumed the daytime, during school time lessons will automatically opt in to the collection service, however an authorisation form must still be completed and signed.
3. Students of daytime lessons will be collected from and returned to their individual classrooms.
4. Students of after school classes will be collected from a rally point just outside school reception, or in the event of rain, inside next to the school reception.
I indemnify and release Kidko, and their staff and teachers against all costs incurred, expenses and all liabilities whatsoever arising as a result of me or my child/s actions, or teacher or staff instructions during all activities undertaken within Kidko teaching space/s and any performances in collaboration with Kidko that may arise.
I understand that I and my child/ren must follow safety instructions and guidelines for using equipment and resources as Kidko does not accept liability for personal injury.
I understand that Kidko strives to ensure that a high level of safety is maintained at all times. I understand that I, and my child/ren voluntarily participate in any activities undertaken with Kidko. I authorise Kidko to seek appropriate medical attention in the event that I or my child/ren is/are injured. I understand that the classes, lessons, and workshops may be photographed by Kidko for archival and marketing purposes.